I am a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist located in Brea, CA. I provide Individual and group therapy in Brea, and surrounding cities throughout Orange County.
I work predominately with Trauma survivors. This includes sexual abuse, verbal and emotional abuse, physical abuse and neglect. I also partner with clients working through dissociation, depression, anxiety, family dynamics, self-injury, grief, suicidality and long-term illnesses.
My therapeutic approach is eclectic, yet focused and tailored to each clients needs. I am trained in the Trauma Resiliency Module (TRM) utilizing body somatics to aid clients in reconnecting mind and body. TRM is designed to reprocess traumatic memories and events in order to deepen one's resiliency. This approach works to stabilize the nervous system's response to trauma, and bring the system back into balance. In simplest terms, this module teaches clients how their trauma has affected their body, and thought patterns. As therapy progresses, the client will learn to track their own body's response to the trauma, and gain the skills needed to create a new found sense of well-being.
- Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Member of Orange County CA Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (OCCAMFT)
- Member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation. (ISSTD)
- Dissociative Disorder Study Group (DDSG)
- TRM Consultation group led by Elaine Miller-Karas and Dr. Micheal Sapp
- Master of Science in Counseling - California State University, Fullerton
- Bachelor of Art in Criminal Justice with an Emphasis in Child Abuse- California State University, Fullerton